July 24, 2006

Yarn substitution....

Please forgive me ... for not using the yarn recommended (or LL as many of you have used...?)

I browse through the web and find that the yarns are simply VERY costly to me (some HK$1,300 for the whole project excluding needles...)! As the pattern, I expect, is suitable for many other types of yarn I am trying to walk around local yarn shops and find something more affordable ...

I guess I would try to buy yarn from the Mainland China... after carefully choosing the right color match with nice fiber content I'll report to you all what finally I have chosen!

1 comment:

Christine said...

Amy, as Tamara said in the last post this pattern seems suitable to change for different yarns, even different gauges; which is not something that can be done so easily with other patterns. It could be nice in a lace weight type yarn, more evening wear perhaps? I think it is exciting that people are trying different yarns and can't wait to see what you come up with.