April 15, 2006

Beginning of Shrug


This is as far as I have made it before having to put my knitting down for a couple of weeks.
My students art show is next week and I needed to focus on that completely. That is why I drove two hours there and two hours back just to get the yarn. I wanted it in my hands even thought I knew I wouldn't not be able to focus long enough to get far. But I thought I would add an update.
Even thought I am not posting often, I am reading everyones posts. I chose bittersweet and charcoal. I think I am going to like the contrast but it's a point where I am not sure. I can't wait for next week to be over so that things can slow down and I can get back to my shrug. As for the beginning circle, the opening doesn't bother me because I can close it later. But for those of you who are having a hard time, I found that Annie Modesitt also has a crochet Lacy Leaf Coccon in the Spring 2006 issue of Interweave Crochet, page 30. That might work for those of you that want to start in crochet. It is as beautiful as the knitted one. I might try that one later.

No comments: