Well, I'm happy to say that I've completed my shrug! Wahoo!! Following are some project notes:
*I used Lorna's Laces Shepherd Worsted in Gold Hill and Chocolate for the body/sleeves and Lorna's Laces Grace in Chocolate for the trim.
*I made the XL size, as I wanted it larger than shown in Vogue Knitting. I did stop the increases on the body at 63 stitches between markers instead of 67 stitches, as I didn't want it too much longer.
*Ironic story of the project---I tried on the shrug during the first sleeve so I could determine the length I wanted. I decided on a total of 8 pattern repeats. Then, I actually ran out of Gold Hill with 1/2 of the second sleeve to go. I found another hank in another dye lot and completed the sleeve. Then I tried it on---the sleeves were too long by about two inches! Apparently the way that the shrug hung on me during the first sleeve did not give an accurate assessment of the length. I should have pulled out a tape measure! Frankly, I'm too lazy to pull out sleeve ends to shorten them, so I folded them back (although not shown in photos). Actually, it didn't look too bad, as it mirrored the collar style.
All in all, I'm pretty happy with the results. Now I can't wait to see everyone else's completed shrugs!