June 13, 2006

A Note about Sleeves

A tip for knitting the sleeves. Be careful of where you begin the round. I finished my first sleeve and pulled it undone the next day because the beginning of the round (and therefore the carrying of colour B) ended up along the middle of the outside of the sleeve.

I'm not sure exactly how to get the best placement for the beginning of the round and the only thing I can suggest is work out where you want it to be by holding the body of the shrug against you to see where this line would be.

A note of encouragement - the sleeves are a cinch once you've completed the body and that interminable border!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Vicki,

Thanks for the great tip. I was looking at the waste yarn this morning, planning how to start. I'm really glad I read your post first!