March 08, 2006

Introduction - The Boy Who Knits

First off, a big thank you to Rebecca for starting this KAL blog page.

My name is Kenny and I am in Houston, Texas. I'’m a guy -– obviously and a self taught knitter. I'’ve been knitting for a little over a year now.

I hope this page will pool together ideas, thoughts, tips and tricks from knitters'’ experiences on this project. I plan to use this page both as a resource myself and to post my personal experiences with this project.

I also have a blog and it'’s at:

http://boiknit.blogspot.com


I am knitting this sweater - Twisted Float Shrug or Circular Cocoon Shrug or what I call it, Round Sweater (I know, it'’s so ghetto!) for a friend. I will be making this using the yarn used in the pattern, Lorna's Laces Shepard Worsted and Lorna'’s Laces Grace. I will be making the body with the Shepard Worsted in the original colorway -– Watercolor and Charcoal but using a different color for the trim. I will be knitting the trim with Grace in Watercolor and Charcoal held together.

I've started this project a whole bunch of times already and I a’m off to a shaky start. I cannot seem to get the beginning to my satisfaction. I am facing a couple of issues will share them on this blog.

In addition to that, I have e-mailed Annie Modesitt with some questions will post her replies here.

That'’s me ..... Happy Knitting!

No comments: